Wednesday, November 09, 2016

My Thoughts on Donald Trump's Presidential Victory

Wow. I did not see that coming. Donald J. Trump has just been elected the 45th President of the United States of America. Like all of you, I'm still trying to wrap my brain around what this all means. 

Here are some initial thoughts:

1. I was #NeverTrump, #NeverHillary from the get-go, so I was bound for disappointment either way. Psalm 118:9 is a good reminder for me: "It is better to take refuge in the LORD
than to trust in princes."

2. Nevertheless, I am bound to do two things: Honor President Trump, except in any matter which would violate God's Word (Acts 5:29, Romans 13:1-7), and pray for President Trump (1 Tim 2:1-2).

3. Possible bright spots are, of course, restoration of balance to the Supreme Court (assuming Trump keeps his word) and the repeal of Obamacare (though I really hope it is replaced; I don't want anyone to lose their insurance. But the mandated, highly partisan abortion provisions needed tossed out, imho.)

4. The New England Patriots and the Kentucky Wildcats will continue to win. Sinatra and the Beatles are still fun to listen to. And Marco's pizza still tastes great on movie night. Your list is different, but you get my point. America is still a great place to live. Politics is just a small slice of your life. Besides, God remains firmly seated on His throne. Don't let this election steal your joy.

5. We can all agree that the greatest loss to our nation will be the loss of tax revenue once Miley Cyrus moves to Canada.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home